Hair is made of protein called keratin, so when follicles produce new cells, old cells appear on the surface making strings of hair. Normally, adults have on their head about 100,000 - 150,000 hairs, averagely losing hundred a day. All of our bodies are covered with it, more or less. However, if it’s affected with some factors that number can be greater.
Alopecia areata affects only the growing hairs. Resting follicles escape the destruction. Therefore truncating the growth phase of hairs avoids the complete destruction of hair follicles. Often the alopecia areata causes the hair follicles to enter into a telogen resting state to avoid the worst effects of the disease. And this triggers significant shedding. The hair follicles usually stay in this resting state for prologner periods of time. If the hair follicles try to return to an anagen growth state the immune system retargets the hair follicles and forces them back into a resting state. The objective is to reduce the action of the immune cells on the hair follicles and also to promote the resting hair follicles back into new growth activity.
According to studies, over 40% of men between the age of 18 and 50 have a medium to severe type of baldness. Its occurrence and intensity increase with age. Hair is important for a person especially in terms of social communication.
There are some commonly known facts about the condition:
- For the first lesion that appears within 24 hour period, patients may experience a sensation of pain in the affected area.
- The scalp is usually the area that is affected but Alopecia Areata can also be present in other parts of the body.
- 25% of children with Alopecia Areata condition also experience ridging of the nails.
- 5% of Alopecia Areata patients are likely to develop a more advances condition such as total loss of hair in the head, Alopecia Totalis. While others develop Alopecia Universalis or the total loss of body hair.
- Hair pull test is usually performed to determine if the particular area is actively affected or if further loss of hair can be expected.
- People, who are affected by the disorder despite losing hair, are perfectly healthy.
Some men and women, regardless of the intensity level of their auto immune disease, may lose entire hair from the head in the beginning stages. At the same time, others who are going through the same level of disease may only begin to show a few thinning bald spots.
There is an option treatment with natural hair care hair loss products like Marbo Activator, which is made of herbal ingredients. It stimulates new hair growth on thinning scalp and bald regions, while hair becomes firmer and healthier. It has been helping people all over the world for last twenty years. Marbo Activator is one of the most effective natural products against alopecia areata and hair loss in patches in the world. Marbo has been tested for ten years before it is released for general public.